Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Straight Lines....................

Hi viewers/visiters,

before i start introducing myself, let me share some facts/ideas with certain question(s)....why this platform? why this blog? of course it w'll change your life...there is something that happens to a person when they hit that "publish" button - you cross a threshold - you move from consumer to producer - you put your intellectual neck on the line and I really think that you aren't the same person after that.All learning professionals need to exchange ideas with others, to test their ideas, to question their assumptions, to learn from each other in ways that come with dialog. Blogging is great for forming networks based on weak social ties. To start with me..belongs to western part of Orissa, which i love to say " KOSHAL". For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. Sometimes its similar to a story of a tree in the forest, that aimed to be a straight one, but by the forces of nature it happened to change its normal way of straight growth. so it had to cut itself and tolerate evey bit of pain and malaise keeping its goal in front. From the very begining i was nurtured an academic bent of mind with innate sharpness and inward looking and fond of books. I was not a business material but situation made me to be. Gradually apart from assimilating soft skills, i discover in myself the taste of business. My parents are my ethos and their values are simple and always resound in me all times. Their influences uphold these values and also try and add value in everything I do.

2 comments:

Batu said...

Saswat,

I deeply admire your honest idea:
"All learning professionals need to exchange ideas with others, to test their ideas, to question their assumptions, to learn from each other in ways that come with dialog."
Dialogue changes an 'I-It' relationship to a sacred 'I-Thou' relationship...Two people rise together to a higher level of functioning...and in the process start making the world a better place.
Dialogue is like throwing a pebble into still water and watching concentric circles reaching the edge of the pond...Good Thoughts and Good Works are like that...
They begin with an unadulterated feeble thought and end up with a big revolution.

Thoughts are really contagious...Keep thinking so as to stir thinking among others and in the process keep spreading those concentric circles of thought to make the world a better place.

Lilabati said...

"Sometimes its similar to a story of a tree in the forest, that aimed to be a straight one, but by the forces of nature it happened to change its normal way of straight growth. so it had to cut itself and tolerate evey bit of pain and malaise keeping its goal in front."
I appreciate the iconic simile. Acceptance of challenges is probably fleeing over difficulties which makes one move towards the path of success straightaway.